Sunday, February 1, 2009

The best birthday present ever


My sister Anne was always a good present giver. She seemed to know what to buy people for Christmas, birthdays, etc. It wasn't that she spent a lot of money or time on the gift, she just had a knack. One of the last presents she bought for me was a brown purse. I think it was my 26th birthday and when I lived with she and Kyle (that was the same year I ate my Pepperidge Farm coconut cake in her bed for breakfast).

Well, many years later . . . a new career, new husband, and baby on the way . . . I received one last gift from her (at least that is how I like to see it). My first daughter, Anne Christopher, was born on my 32nd birthday. She was one week early and born perfectly. It was shortly after she was born that it occured to me that it was my birthday. As weird as it sounds, I feel like she "helped" me have a girl for my birthday.

I always said that Anne gave the best presents.


No comments:

Post a Comment